Chicken Stir-fry with Peanuts
1 medium onion
2-3 celery sticks
3 garlic cloves
2-3 inches of ginger
1 cup chopped mushrooms
2 cups green beans
2 cups broccoli
2 chicken breasts
1/2 cup peanuts
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 and 2 tablespoons cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
3 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons Sesame oil
Salt and pepper
1. Chop all the vegetables into bite sized pieces.
2. Slice the chicken and marinade with 2 tablespoons soy sauce, a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Note I use plastic board to cut the chicken, as it if easier to disinfect plastic than wood using hot water and dish soap.
3. Add canola oil to stir fry pan.
4. Once the oil is hot add the onions, followed but celery, carrots, green beans, ginger, and garlic. Sauté for a 5-6 minutes.
5. Add the mushrooms and sauté for a few more minutes.
6. Transfer the vegetables into a bowl.
7. Using the same pan add a little more oil and heat.
8. Once the oil is hot add the chicken and sauté for a few minutes.
9. Sprinkle the peanuts and sugar over the chicken and sauté for another minute.
10. Add the soy sauce and rice vinegar.
11. Finally add the vegetables back to the pan and allow to simmer with the chicken.
12. Serve with rice and enjoy!
You can also alter this recipe to use any kind of meat or meat substitute or to simply enjoy a veggie stir fry! #stirfry #soysauce #asiancuisine #international #staywarm
As we say in Lebanon #sahten wo alf hana.